Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Christ made himself poor for you...

As I read Pope Benedict the 16th's Lenten Message and ideas at our friends web site, I was challenged. It truly is a discipline to give more to the poor and have some type of system to keep your regularly giving. Steve and I re-evaluated our gift giving (fiscally) in December and have gone two months on our new system. But this Lent I want to give more of my time and talents. I suspect there are more things I will be looking for these next fourty days to give. Yesterday I recieved a letter asking for a few people to step forward and help more at our church. Perhaps I can do more than I am already doing?

As we try to "turn from sin and are faithful to the gospel", we have started a few new things in our home.


The children buried the Alleluia today and changed the prayer cloth to purple. I have made a little tomb out of clay and we are going to place a rock on the path towards the cross and grave of the Easter Tridium. I have more than 40 stones for the children to be able to place one each day on our *walk* to Good Friday.

I enjoyed my Advent fast from so many groups and egroups that I didn't go back...so will continue to fast from them. We intend to do a traveling stations of the cross at different churches during the 40 days. We will also put up the stations in our own home or view them here. I suspect there will be just as much excitment over the stations as there was last year. Steve and I are re-reading the Passionists booklet called Following Jesus Christ.