Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thomas Dubay and Spiritual Direction

Before I became Catholic I began meeting with a priest on a regular basis. I would share with him the questions and concepts I was working through. (I was already wondering things way back then....)It was during this time that my husbands spiritual director gave him a book for me. Seeking Spiritual Direction by Thomas Dubay. I continued to meet with this priest for some time and found his suggestions and the ability to go to confession with him very helpful. He continues to be a dear priest friend of our whole family.

About five years ago I began seeing a new Spiritual Director. This priest has introduced me to a deeper knowledge of the suffering of saints and especially in developing a respect for Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity. Upon reading this blog today, it jogged my memory that in less than two weeks my spiritual director will return to his country of origin. His visa has not been reissued. So I am once again in need of searching for that perfect fit of Spiritual Director. I think I am going to dig out the book again for another read through.