Saturday, August 18, 2007

Today's eating...Tomorrows menu and musings

Okay just another menu to add:
whole grain pancakes with blueberries and topped with raspberry sugar free applesauce
coffee!
lunch was pumpkin and barley soup, garden salad and bruscetta (no cheese)
dinner was broccoli and whole grain penne pasta with marinara and spinach. Snacks today were peaches and nectarines, peanuts, granola bars and stonyfield yogurt tubes frozen for sweet pops!

Tomorrow?
We've put steel cut oats and apricots in the crockpot to have breakfast ready when we wake up for Mass. Lunch will be a pot luck with a homeschool group. We are taking watermelon from the garden and marinated tomato salad. Dinner will be a free for all I suspect.

Today I finished my test for my continuing education for my registration and reviewed the CHINA study book. Notes I took: Equal amounts of plant based foods compared to animal based foods provided the same amount of protein grams, less fat, more carbohydrates, more vitamins and minerals and equal amounts of calcium! He recommends this diet for auto immune disorders. I want to research this more as I have family that have Type 2 Diabetes and friends with recent diagnosed AI disorders.