Saturday, December 11, 2010

Kitchen Sink party

Okay I couldn't resist joining in on the fun.  I had no idea I was so enamoured with sinks!  I really enjoyed thinking about all those women out there that spend time at their kitchen sinks.

I'm one of those people who doesn't have a window in front of my sink.  But over the four years of living here I have worked to make it a pleasant place.
Two years ago we painted everything a cheery yellow (bee pollen).
You can read about it here..


Typically I have fresh flowers near the sink, but currently there are no fresh flowers in the garden.  (this photo was from early November)



When I stand at my sink I often have others near.  Today I had a helper while I was making the sink festive.  She was making chili!  


Here is the straight forward look.

You can see that I still use a tray to collect dirty dishes.  

A closer look at our kitchen Madonna with simple greenery and pinecones.


Even closer she patiently gestures to her son. Her words of "quick to hear" encouraging me to speak less.

A simple reminder that Love is what makes the food taste best.  


And a daily reminder from a homeschooling retreat last month that other homeschooling moms are praying for me.  


 Thanks for the inspiration ladies!