Okay so I watched it. And cried and cried. Today Fr. Carlo Gnocchi becomes SAINT Fr. Carlo Gnocchi. I would like to learn more about the children that he cared for after the war and if any of them are on their way to sainthood. What a life to live...and the difficulty of war.
And the other WW2 movie? I really AM on a theme here aren't I? It was more enlightening that the Monuments Men was in giving the whole picture of Hilter and WW2. What a confused bunch of years for us in the US....we must have really closed our eyes to the damage he was causing in Europe and around the globe. It makes me think that perhaps we don't know the whole picture of what still continues in other countries today. Perhaps we will find that the same horrors are going on today in Africa and Russia.