Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm seeing Purple...Happy New Liturgical Year.

Advent has begun and we spent quite a bit of time Sunday afternoon getting things in order. Our Advent wreath is set up. We lit one purple candle while reading our Jesse Tree card for Adam and Eve a finding the little apple ornament. I've found some Advent music and am putting together a play list for ipods and computer music. I have let the children place the two nativity scenes out. Jesus has been hidden away some where. The wisemen and camels are "miles" away from the stable...as are Joseph and Mary. There are a few books in the basket about Christmas. Next to the Jesse Tree I have begun a basket to collect books about Noah, Moses, David, Joseph, Mary...these will be accessible for the children each time we do our Jesse Tree each day. I am in the process of getting my O Antiphon stuff together. This will be a first for us. I've decided to wait for the house decorating until the Pink Sunday. This will help the time of waiting even more.
The school room is making it's transfomation into a crafting and smelling room. The lavendar has been found from where it was drying since summer. Roses and peppermint are in glass jars. Little bits of Christmas type fabric are being cut into friendly shapes and sewn together for little sachets. Great sewing skills for girls and boy.