Our Advent corner (where we keep the gospel open from the Sunday readings) now sports a Jesse Tree, a cradle, and our every growing Advent/Christmas reading.
The activity with this cradle is new this year. I'm encouraging the children to put a piece of straw into the cradle for each penace they accomplish during these weeks. Looks like there have been a few already!
I'm surprised by how many books I have collected over the past 11 years! I'm only putting out a few each week. This basket was promptly emptied as the children headed up to bed with these books! I try to have something that appeals to each age group.
Currently in the box:
Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett
St. Lucia books
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Prepare O Bethlehem! by Niko Chocheli
I spy Christmas
Books to add over the next few days:
Exodus by David Waldsmith
Moses and David both by Maud and Miska Petersham
The Ark by Jan Brett
Old Testament by Tomie dePaola
Our Jesse Tree ornaments are not new. We've been using the same ones for several years. I repaired a few tonight. When we opened the box, it was like seeing an old friend.