Monday, June 20, 2011

A Father who runs...

A tribute to fathers who run with their family.  It's been a good way for the father of this family and his daughters to share time.  And I enjoy shaving off a few minutes with the father of my children too.  
We've spent some weeks this summer gearing up for running with a local kids series of short races.  And now we're off.
We've gotten back into those running shoes as family.  And it feels good.  (no, I do not wear the child on my back while I run, though I have played a mean kickball game with him there...)

Last weekend I signed up daddy (and then three children joined him on the run).
The 3 mile runners.

A one mile runner and a father that joined her.

Boys that run and have friends that run too.  This was a local trail run.  I think we prefer it to running on roads.