So I realize that I haven't taken the time to blog lately. I've been squeezing the days a much as I can. As we anticipate the weather changing we are enjoying the time outside with our dog.
(Do you blame me? Aren't those eyes just saying "play with me"?)
We have been cooking quite a bit when we do come in. These cinnamon rolls from scratch by a 12 year old who is becoming quite an accomplished baker (as well as keeping the house in clean clothes for the month of September). We've made and eaten pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pear pie, apple pie, zucchini bread, summer squash bread and the weekly granola to just name a few....
Lastly we have been doing great on Math. I must say our homeschooling days are beginning to get rhythm and we finish by lunch with no troubles. This 100 chart was finished by 7 year old boy and he just couldn't put it away without taking a proof photo for daddy. We've enjoyed Body Math during the month of September and will be exchanging some of our manipulatives on the shelf for new ones in the closet.
I hope you are enjoying the last dregs of Indian summer.


