Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring in the Yard

The weather was so mild that I see we will have a delightful spring.  If we are able to avoid any more freezes, the flowers and trees will be SO involved this year!  I wonder if this will be the best spring ever?

Here's what we have been enjoying uncovering in the yard.
Lady bugs, slugs and all kinds of bugs that creep and crawl.

Buds on the tree over our Jack Russells grave.  This is the first spring without her in 13 years.

Reminders of kind friends who give me plants as housewarming gifts.  This sedum is celebrating it's fifth spring here in the yard.

Hidden bird nests.

And what a clever little Chipping Sparrow it was.  See the acorn and the blue string?

Daffodils near the front porch.

Columbine bursting out of the ground.

A spider "hugging" a fly on the porch rail.

Tulips I planted in September.