Saturday, January 26, 2013

We eat...

I've been making our own breakfast granola for years....in fact it's a treat if I actually buy cereal.  I might buy it when we are on vacation or if a child has a specific request.

This week I fulfilled a request.  And what did he want for breakfast?  Store bought granola!  Without berries and nuts!  LOL

Chia-Plus-Chia-Coconut-Granola

I'm going to have to try some variations on my recipe to copy this.  YUM!

And lastly, I'm so picky on our tomatoes.  When you've grown your own heirlooms for years, you just don't like the tomatoes in the stores in January (or any month for that matter!).  This week I tried the Kumato.  and WOW.  It's a hybrid (not an heirloom), but it's not a GMO.  So now I'm willing to have a little fresh tomato in January.  


How about you?  Any new foods tried recently?