As I've packed the pictures on the walls (I had help with that) and the books on the shelves (I had help with that too), I have reflected on the sadness I feel.
It's not so much a sadness of loss, but a sadness of missing.
This 1868 home has been a blessing to us. I've been perusing old posts about the updates we did on the house. And came across one from our previous house! It, too, had some beautiful details. It was built in the 1930's.
Now we move to a "modern home". Built in 1964. It has so many exciting prospects, but I also see a lot of work in the years to come.
It won't be the setting or the renovations we do (although now I have a teenager to help propose ideas).
This new place will be a home in which we:
live the faith and the liturgical year
learn more about the Natural World and God
What makes your house a home?