Today I had one hour in my own home ALONE! (kind of...the baby was napping)
Unheard of. Amazing. It can be SO QUIET HERE. I love it!
With a household of so many, there is always someone home. So I took some silence and prayed.
and now I have to shout it out here in the silence of the internet.
In the middle of February, when you are tired of winter (and what a winter it has been!), the last thing you really want to do is school. You feel sick and tired of it all. So I did a quick look back at what I had hoped to accomplish this year with the kids.
And YEAH. I'm so cheered up!
We have plodded through so much and they really have come so far! I feel like we will finish by April. YEAH YEAH YEAH!
It was a daunting task for me think that I would have a highschooler at home. Last February I was slightly freaking out at the prospect of making this school year a positive one for her. I think I didn't know if I could handle a one year old and their needs (as well as a 3 year old) and make sure I would help a highschooler along, too.
But we made some great goals. And I stayed out of the way.
Today I went through her common place book and also her narration book. Wow. Lots of great ideas on those pages. I'd love for her to work more on her handwriting. It's not as beautiful as it once was...but she's quickly writing down lots of great thoughts she'd collecting from all the books she's read. So yep, she's doing great.
I'm beginning her transcript for highschool here and making sure I have a good list of what she's accomplished this year.
So I'm wondering how to get another hour alone next week. aahhhh.