Several months ago, a I met-you-in-real-life-friend turned now let's keep in touch on Facebook friend, posted some photos of some original books by Charlotte Mason. They were green covers and so beautiful. Personally I own the six volume series published in the nineties. It's the worst binding you've ever seen and the books fall apart often.
But I was also in the need to make a thank you gift/gesture to some women who were speaking at a local Charlotte Mason gathering. SO I invited another homeschool mom and her children over to try and replicate the ORIGINAL home education Volume 1 series. (thanks to Jeanne for posting pictures of binding and cover for me!)
And off we went on creating books based on this nice youtube video I found.
They turned out smashingly. Don't you think?
Of course there was a little worry that they might need to be mailed or driven home when given as a gift.
My Tip? It's a good idea to be a super reader if you want to carry a brick book on a plane. And also to be able to narrate all the good things you've read.
And why not have as many books in the flower beds as you do on the shelves in the house? I see handicraft written all over this one! :) Get out and get looking for old bricks why you can!
I wonder why I hadn't thought of this one before. Because you just can't have too many books. err bricks.



