Yes, it's been four weeks. I'm ready for a break. Seems like we are finally reaching a rhythm to our school year after only four weeks. And it's been full of challenges and new things!
I'm getting close to having all the books assigned to each child and them understanding what is required of them. I actually have made dinner more than I thought I might for the first four weeks.
It's so much about an atmosphere and a life around here and I think I'm finally getting into a discipline of it all too. When everything is balanced I am able to keep it spinning (by God's grace!)
It's when I let one area slack that it seems all areas begin to follow. So here's to another couple of weeks before we break for the holidays! It was my plan that this term would last 8 weeks...so this should be the downward half now...
So have we done anything different?
I've gotten myself up and ready better each day. When I begin the day with a moment with Jesus, I am happier to greet these darling children.
I've gotten myself up and ready better each day. When I begin the day with a moment with Jesus, I am happier to greet these darling children.
I'm beginning to read aloud at 8am. I've set the expectation that we begin @8. If you (meaning a child) find it difficult to join us, I'm sorry but you miss out on the exciting things I'm reading. I hope you get up and join us. {yes I wake them up at 7am, or an alarm does}
I'm working hard to get enough sleep. No crazy movie late night joy rides.
I'm posting quotes all over my house to remind me to pray throughout the day. I've even kept the app on my phone to remind me to pray the