A Charlotte Mason approach to learning means the whole family continues to learn. It's not just a 8 to 3 kind of learning focus. You can't find a time that learning isn't happening...in most homes. It's just what kind of feast is being offered in those times that are "designated school time".
Are the off times of learning still full of excellent books? Are the parents stimulated with all kinds of new learning as well? It becomes a modeling experience when a parent can be found with a book in hand. ("Whatca reading, Dad?")
I like to find new ways to creatively contain the mounds of things required to keep a household of nine running smoothly. (That means reading books and perhaps a blog about being minimalist, storage or throwing away clutter.)
I don't appreciate the ways I revert to my authoritarian self when interacting with my children and husband. (That means you can find me reading all sorts of books about being a better parent--Scream free parenting is the current read.)
My continued spiritual growth is only because I constantly try to empty myself of selfishness so that the Holy Spirit is doing the work in me. (That means I read the Bible everyday and loads of writings from Christians who have walked this road ahead of me.)
And besides reading, learning means being calm and quiet to allow all the conversations and moments of reading to get down from my head into my heart. I can listen with my head, but until I hear with my heart and allow it to soften I'm not really growing, learning, changing.
So I'm creating a feast for myself when I make a feast for my children. (Now to find a way of combining my clutter of books with the feast of learning...new bookshelves?)