Please feel free to adjust and use for your homeschool or learning community!
Scouting guidelines written for a 12 week term for General Efficiency I.

My children spend the first few days back to school with a quicksight exercise. Have you tried this before? Secretly collect 30-50 small items that would fit on a cookie sheet or tray. Cover it. Call your children to begin the learning lessons. Talk to them about taking pictures with your mind. (Same concept we use with teaching spelling and picture study!) Tell them they must remember everything they see. They can test themselves quickly by closing their eyes and trying to remember everything. Now uncover the tray and set a timer for two minutes. At the end of two minutes, recover the tray. Let the children narrate back everything they saw. If you have older forms, you may wish to have them write their narration or sketch it. With younger forms you may wish to have them go around the circle and say three things. For the consecutive days I let my children take turns preparing the tray and we all participate in the narrating. I find it very mentally stimulating!
Enjoy these photos of our learning community working on knot tying!
![]() |
| Photo credit: Mo Watson |
![]() |
| Bowditch was challenging! Mo Watson |
![]() |
| Photo credit: Mo Watson |
The following pictures are examples of the badges and tassels earned from meeting these guidelines. I took these photos while at the Armit in Ambleside in May 2017.





