Monday, August 27, 2018

Remembering the Charlotte Mason Family Camp



Ten days ago I was leaving MennoHaven in Tiskilwa, Illinois with a full heart.  I had spent three nights and four days living with 13 other families and my own family.  We had shared space together.  We had learned together.  We had shared ideas.


The children were dirty.  The parents were tired, but happy.  It was, for many, a one-of-a-kind experience.  We all shared homeschooling as our mode, Christ as our model and Charlotte Mason as our educational philosophy.

Here are some of the words from the families who participated:
"I enjoyed the family connection time with other Charlotte Mason families."
"We appreciated the exposure to handicrafts, Swedish drill and folk dancing."
"What a beautiful, relaxing location.  The facility is clean and the food is really nice for camp food."
"I loved the afternoon pursuits as families."
"The most valuable part of of this Charlotte Mason Family Camp was evening prayers as a group."

"I felt the most valuable thing was the 3D vision of Mason in action."
"The informational sessions were inspirational and a joy to sit in!"
"The most helpful part of Family Camp was the organized activities and the abundant freedom to skip if we wanted."
"The most helpful part of Family Camp was getting wisdom from those ahead of us on this homeschooling journey."
"It was comfortable and easy to access with small kids."
"I loved having plenty of time to mingle and get to know other families with the same focus."
"As protestants, although prayer times were different for us, we appreciate that you made them lean towards a non-denominational approach."
"Art Middlekauff's last talk was awesome."
"The most valuable part of this experience was seeing how to help my wife homeschool with a more wide perspective of this philosophy."

Families at the Charlotte Mason Family Camp


Here's a great personal share of one family that joined us at Family Camp. 
Video of Family Camp 2018

Won't you join us next year?