Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mom goals

Remember those days of anticipation of finishing high school?  You felt the world was at your feet and all you had to do was to pursue your goal?  The daily work of making food, money and keeping yourself clean was simplified to simply eating and learning.  There were few bills to pay.  Your thoughts were simply on the next exciting adventure you could have.

I do.

I dreamt of traveling the world.  Living abroad.  Spending time with little known people groups.  Doing difficult things with great joy.

And so I did.  A little.  But mainly I got to work learning how I might make money for myself for the rest of my life.  I took in a little Opera and Symphony.  I visited a few galleries here and there.  But mainly I was working.

It’s the same again this year.  Although I don’t have a graduate this year, I’m seeing friends who do.  I’m remembering the graduations of my husbands (two!) Masters programs and my own college graduation.  And I’m considering my own goals.

What do I want this summer to entail?  What should the coming year include?  What do I anticipate myself doing in five years? (Still homeschooling!). And what will ten years look like?

Most importantly what habits do I want to instill in my own life?  And what inspiring ideas will help me achieve them?

Are you habit making?  Goal seeking?  And Reading?