Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'll be there for you....musings number one

The sky is dark.  The kind of darkness that comes when no one is awake.  I see the moon sometimes.  Other nights I find there are stars to guide my way.

I've been slipping away in the darkness for several years.  I often return home before my family is awake again.  Other times I find myself living in this focused zone for hours and hours and hours.

I perhaps have the chance to live like Mary did when she went to visit her cousin Elizabeth.  I wait for weeks, days, moments for the time when a mother will want my presence.

The anticipation can seep into every breath I take.  It's a different kind of hope.  Perhaps similiar to what Mary felt as she waited to support her living relative.  I never know when a call will really come.  We have some kinds of dates, but they are just estimated.

And so I wait and I pray.  I'm ready.  I'll be there for you.



This momma blogger has some insight on it too.