Friday, May 18, 2012

Family trips to Nature spots

I wonder if families are just not taking vacations like they used to.  I hear people talking about their fantasy trips to "lands" of magic, but I don't really hear about vacations much any more.  And I sure didn't see as many people on our recent trip.
Many of the trinket stores and souvenir shops were boarded up or closed.  Where do people take their trips to these days?  Are they just staying home?  Are they too busy working to take time to enjoy their family?  Are they single parents unable to find the way to drive cross country for a time away?
Our family took two trips all together in the last month.  Both trips included business for my husband with an extended stay of fun for the kids and I.  One or two days of daddy "working" and four to five days of playing.  What did we do?  We spend those four to five days driving to a place where we could be totally in nature.
Did you hear that?  Err Read that?  NATURE!
I think that's why we didn't see many people.  Is everyone inside on their computers?  Quick put yours down and get outside before your brain turns to mush!  (or that's usually what we say at our house when we notice the blank stares into the screens).
So we hiked and walked and discovered.  
The local flora and fauna inspired us.  
We climbed in caves and sang at the tops of mountains.
Do you get away and get outside?  If not, I hope you consider it soon!



And take advantage of the National Parks while they are still free.