I'm very fond of my flowers and garden. I enjoy the pulling of weeds (why are there so many though?) and the thrill of seeing what comes up.
Recently I was sharing my fondness for this amazing PURPLE tulip with a friend who was visiting. We both admired it.
There had been two buds on this plant bunch, but I noticed that perhaps a child or dog had trampled one of the buds into the ground. I smiled that at least I had one to look at.
Less than 5 minutes later, I turned around to see my toddler with his hand outstretched towards me...the purple tulip in his hand. What a way to see how quickly life passes and how I can't be attached to ANYTHING around here! :) I accepted it joyfully and took it inside to admire it for two more days. But sadly now I am waiting till next year with hopes that it will return again.
I wonder why the dear toddler thought to pick that one flower out of a whole yard of tulips? Do you think he noticed me admiring it? Was it Providences way of showing me the need for detachment from even the littlest things?
