Specifically this year will help us understand:
"The Foundation of Christian Faith Is the Encounter With an Event, a Person"
As I read the statement from the Vatican, a few things stood out to me.
*The importance of anything taught, lived or said to our children be consistent with our faith.
*My personal lack of deep knowledge of what Vatican II explained and how this might be my chance to learn more in a systematic way.
*My need to find a verse that highlights faith for our coming school years motto.
*I should continue to strive for unity among Christians of various faiths. Specifically speaking about my faith when asked and living it quietly the rest of the time.
*I will add Porta Fidei to my list of reading for this summer.
*Consider ways to share the deep treasure of knowledge the Church gives us and how to share that with those who already claim a Catholic faith
*Follow up with up with several outreaches I've considered at my own church
*Consider ways to share the deep treasure of knowledge the Church gives us and how to share that with those who already claim a Catholic faith
*Follow up with up with several outreaches I've considered at my own church
Resource list I am compiling:
Porta FideiZenit had a great article explaining what this year could mean and why the dates were chosen.
New study booklet for adults that can be used during the Year of Faith.
Vatican II Documents
Bible Verses about Faith
What are you doing for the Year of Faith?