Only two days after we moved, a homeschooling family who lives near us brought us a gift.
A living gift. A kitty.
Totally black and very friendly.
Perhaps the most friendly cat I've ever met. She wants to be held if we are outside. Or on my lap while I try to read or type on the computer.
And outside we are, often!
With daddy's severe allergies to cats, we have never had one.
In fact due to his allergies, he told me he didn't like cats.
But being able to have a cat live in the outbuilding opened up a world to us. This cat is social and has changed our attitude towards cats. She wants to be with us.
The joy a creature brings it wonderful. Perhaps the work of taking care of her brings virtue development for us all!
Meet "Scholastica" our new barn cat.
Who we affectionately call 'Tica'. (tee-ka)
She enjoys Ginger the dog as well.
When cleaning typed messages off my phone, I found this two year old message from the second oldest daughter. (typing errors and spelling errors included)
"Hi !
My name is ...
Im vary crazy at times .
I love birds and dogs Not! Cats!
I have 4 siblings 5 children in all
wow!"
When I brought it to her attention, she told me it was all wrong, now. The experience of a cat of our own has helped to change persepective for all of us.


