Which prompted me to re-read Simplicity Parenting. At least the chapter on environment.
Here are some notes from when I read it before.
I'm slowly trying to make sense of our Fine Arts Room. It's that extra bedroom that has violins and art supplies and boxes and clarinet and viola and ironing board and a pile of ironing in it. Everything does not have it's own place yet. And it's driving me wild.
So I wonder. Does a cluttered environment make you have a cluttered mind like me? When I find that every room in the house has toys and clothes and left overs from life in it, I can't seem to be open to learning new things. My mind freezes on the crumbs trailing across the floor...the shoes randomly placed. I brought this up at a discussion with some other homeschooling moms. Do YOU struggle to find calm in your mind when your house is in shambles?
We've got a bathroom all torn apart that will find order this month! (or at least the tile man says!) We've got a chickens that are waiting for a coop. I've got a kitchen that is calling back to the 70's for help. I have a basement full of toys.
Where to start first? I have four garbage bags waiting for this week. I will conquer this chaos. It's been four months here in this house. We will have order soon.
And just because there is SOME order around here.
(and it's only really bad for me...other people like it here)
I'll include these photos of #6 (one year old) at our prayer table in his pajamas.
