I've been reading about being a better parent for many years. And it's a growing process.
I found Pam Leo to be a great teacher of what I find as a very loving way to guide parents to being the best of themselves. I see her ways of suggestion to be in line with what I already believe.
Children are born persons.
Children and everyone we meet are images of God. We should treat them so.
Everything people do, everything children do, is a communication of a need or an unmet need.
We can help people feel better by treating them better.
All people want to connect. Reaching them on their level, trying to understand what they want, listening (without any media distractions) will help us know what they are trying to communicate.
How are you connecting with your child today?
I'm going to be doing labor outside with my son.
I know that boys connect more over an activity
(at least the very tom boys that live in my house!)
